Thursday, April 28, 2011

UW-Whitewater PR Alumni Interviews


Networking is a huge part of any career, to be able to have connections with UW-Whitewater PR graduates is a huge advantage. Doesn’t matter what job we do we need PR in some shape or form. Rick Daniels is the Greek Adviser on campus, I work with Rick personally and everyday is different and more interesting. He is someone you can truly learn from. I have listened to Rick speak at AFLV conference in St. Louis, conferences on campus, I have seen him MC’s variety of events, sporting, entertainment and leadership events. He is a natural speaker, it is like you could wake him u in the middle of the night and ask him to speak at a conference and he would be fantastic. He is very dedicated and inspiring to other students.

Heidi Murphy is a sorority sister of mine and I have met her before watching this video. She came to my Alumni Networking event and UW-Whitewater Greeks that met her had a great conversation with her. She had great tips and encouraged students to realize the importance of PR. She is very dedicated to her work and about keeping her clients satisfied. She also stressed the importance about being flexible and ready to see what is next in her video and as well at the Alumni networking event. 

Lynnette Hulgan is very outgoing andpersonable. I really enjoyed listening  to her speak; it is nice to see how passionate she is about her job. I do event planning and I agree 100% that PR is everything, you can have all the "behind the scene" work done but if you don’t have good PR all the hard work will go to waste as there won’t be knowledge of the event being set up. After listening to her speak I could definitely see myself in her career path.

All of the videos stressed the importance of networking, flexibility and internships to better our skills and find out what our strengths are and the things we could improve on.


No comments:

Post a Comment